Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Painting Progress

I've been making a lot of painting progress this weekend. Unfortunately, my cell phone that I use for taking my pictures has died and since I'm not at home, I don't have a good way to charge it. I'll be posting pictures later this week of everything I've been doing but I thought I'd give an update.

The main thing I spent some time on was my Salamanders which I am pretty happy with. They're mostly finished, I just need to complete their eyes and then I might try to find a way to make their back fin and other "webbing" type parts stand out a little more. I'm unsure what I want to do with that so they will probably be stuck in limbo for a while until I decide.

I also decided to take another shot at my Saurus Warriors and Temple Guard since I decided I wasn't very happy with the way their scales were turning out. I didn't feel like the scales were standing out enough from the base color of their bodies so I took one of the saurus and started a new test model base coated with Mechrite Red and I took one of the Temple Guard and base coated it with Leviathan Purple. I'm going to try to build up from there and see if I can get a result I'm happier with.

I spent some time on my slann picking out the last of the leaves on the palanquin. Now I need to go back and highlight/wash them before I pick out the rest of the little critters riding around on it.

The thing I'm most happy about though are my Cold One Cavalry. I was inspired by one of the color schemes in the Lizardmen book and basecoated the entire cold one with Gretchin Green, did the scales in Orkhide Shade, and then drybrushed the scales with some Hawk Turquoise. It really looks fantastic. I'm going to need to experiment with washes some still to get the right shading I want but I am really excited about the way those test models are starting to come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment