Sunday, September 5, 2010

Krielstone Bearers Assembly

I haven't completely assembled these because it occurred to me that attaching the stone to the Krielstone Bearer would make it difficult to paint the stone. I am considering trying to do glowing glyphs for the stone and if I'm going to do that, I'll need to paint the stone before attachment. So for now, I'm going to have to field the unit not completed.

From Krielstone Bearers

From Krielstone Bearers

From Krielstone Bearers

I ran into some minor difficulties shortly after these pictures were taken. I tried to use my clippers to tweak the models so they would fit the slots in their bases more firmly. Unfortunately, the bearer himself has a very weak joint connection in his left foot and I snapped it off at the ankle trying to twist the slotting piece. I had to file it back down and re-glue it. Unfortunately its such a small joint that there isn't much surface area for holding it together and there isn't enough space to try to pin it. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep the model from falling apart in the future.

1 comment: