Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Bellower #3 Review

The Ogre Stronghold recently released the latest issue of their webzine "The Bellower". You can check it out here. My Ogres are in a holding pattern for now while I wait for the new book rumored to be out some time next year. I don't have much interest in relearning Ogres for 8th edition when it will all be for naught soon enough and my play time is as limited as it has been recently but I still enjoy reading about them and day dreaming of a future in which I lead my hungry Ogre horde to dominion over the lesser races of the world.

This issue is chock full of awesome stuff. I wasn't a huge fan of the first two issues but this one really got me excited.

As far as Ogres go, they have a really nice guide to all of the magic items. They break them down in much the same way I've been doing for Lizardmen and a lot of the advice they give is very useful. They even have their own ratings system to let you know how good each item is.

My favorite part though has got to be the Blood Bowl section. One of their authors converted a Goblin team out of Gnoblars and offers lots of tactical advice on how to win with them. I don't play much Blood Bowl and know very little about tactics but I sure love the idea of a bunch of Gnoblar running around the field!

Some of the sections are a little too fluffy for my taste (like Ask Aunty Doreen) but its worth skipping those pages for the meatier articles. If you've never checked out the Bellower before, now's a good time to take a look.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review - glad you found some stuff in the new issue that was more to your liking.

    ReplyDelete