Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Salamander Painting Part I

I spent some time painting my salamanders and watching Bones on Netflix Instant Queue yesterday. Fantastic show.

Anyways, I made quite a bit of progress. I coated the models with Macharius Solar Orange then washed them over with Baal Red. I then picked out all of the scales with Chaos Black and rewashed the scales with Baal Red.

From Salamanders

From Salamanders

I'm planning to go through and highlight the scales with some sort of grey. I haven't decided what kind yet but I'll probably do some experimentation. I'm also planning to highlight the skin with Blazing Orange and possibly some form of yellow.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good...those Salamanders are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently, when I'm doing black, I'll do the first high light with Battlefleet Gray (the foundation paint) followed by either codex gray or fortress gray. Just gotta be care with the foundation paint since it's thick and you want your high-lighting to be fine for painting black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps another highlight of orange so they pop more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips! I hope to make some more progress over the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete