Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Skaven Models Announced

Games Workshop has just put up some new Skaven models for advanced order. They will be released on September 18th.

They have announced a Skavenslaves Sling Upgrade Pack.

As well as a re-release of classic rat ogre models.

Maulerblades, Ironclaws, and Stitch Spikegouger.

I usually don't like the look of a lot of Games Workshop's classic models but I'm sort of digging the new rat ogres. It's a shame they aren't part of a plastic kit and I already have more rat ogres than I will ever need, especially after I purchase Island of Blood.

This post is a bit of an experiment. Are people interested in seeing more breaking news on here? Or should I stick to theoryhammer, modeling, painting, and battle report posts?

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, that is a nice find. The slings look quite cool. Not sure on some of the rat ogres though, the plastic ones in the new boxed set look awesome.

    Personally I like your previous stuff. The theoryhammer, modeling, painting and battle reports, I enjoy reading these. I can get the news from forums or other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input Kuffeh. I tossed this up because I noticed none of the news sites were carrying it yet and didn't see it on warseer either so I thought it would be a good way to spread the word.

    I also run Google Analytics on the site to see what sort of traffic things generate and after posting this bit of news, my traffic quickly skyrocketed to over double my previous single day record and this article quickly shot to the top of my most viewed articles. So I was curious to see whether or not the regular readers were interested in seeing more news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see. I do find that news can act as a good draw to readers, so you could go for it. It works well. =)

    Also, I added your blog to my blogroll at - http://the-tradingpost.blogspot.com/ - I have tried to make it a hub for the fantasy blogs on the blogsphere. If you have anything you'd like to add to the blog then let me know - the email address is on the blog.

    Sorry for the blatant advertising. *slinks off*

    ReplyDelete