Thursday, August 12, 2010

Slann Mage-Priest Painting Part V

Not a whole lot to report here though I am pretty happy with one of the pieces that I completed.

I spent most of my time during this painting session touching up the random leaves around the back of the palanquin. I got the initial Knarloc Green on a lot of them and also did some touching up of the branches in spots I had missed my first time through. Still have washing and highlighting of the leaves to do as well as figuring out the next step to really make my branches pop.

From Slann Mage-Priest I

The other day when I was working on this, I also decided how I wanted to do up one of the many little critters that is chilling out on the palanquin. I used Chaos Black and Blazing Orange to paint the stripes and then filled in the eye slits with two tiny strokes of Chaos Black. This will probably receive a Devlan Mud wash. I'm not sure if there is any point in highlighting him.

From Slann Mage-Priest I

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the completed Hypnotoad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Hopefully I can pull the whole thing off!

    ReplyDelete