Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ogre Kingdoms

Every once in a while I get an itch to mess around with my Ogre Kingdoms again. I haven't been overly happy with them but they are my first army so I feel like I don't want to give up on them. To that end, I am considering making a handful of key purchases that would allow me to field a better, hopefully workable Ogre Kingdoms list in the future.

Current owned models:
24 Gnoblar Fighters
6 Ogre Bulls
4 Ironguts
2 Hunters w/ Sabretusks
30+ Gnoblar Scrappers
4 Leadbelchers
1 Gnoblar Scraplauncher
2 Butchers
3 Gorgers
1 Maneater
1 Tyrant/Bruiser

My current hope is to expand with a unit of yhetees in addition to several more units of gnoblar. And probably a handful of miscellaneous ogres. I will most likely purchase another battalion at some point as it is a great deal compared to the individual costs of the models and I could also use a handful of additional ogres.

This Saturday, I will be playing against a Skaven army. My current plan is to play a fun game with Ogre Kingdoms. Dust off these models that I haven't used in a while, and see if I can do a better job of playing them strategically than I did when I first started out with Warhammer.

Tentative army list (full list tomorrow):

2x Gorgers 150
3x 24 Gnoblar Fighters 144
3x 3 Ogre Bulls 315
2x Butchers 260
1x Hunter 145
1x Tyrant 200
1x Gnoblar Scraplauncher 165
2x 2 Leadbelchers 220
2x 10 Gnoblar Scrappers 120
1x 3 Yhetees 195

This gives me 336 points to work with for magical equipment and unit upgrades. I will obviously have to use some counts as models for this but it shouldn't be too bad.

1 comment:

  1. So convinced that Hunters are teh balls. I'm going to try to get my Ogres running too man, so that we can play some Ogre v Ogre games, and see if we can make them playable! Go team Ogre!

    ReplyDelete