Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ogre Kingdoms vs. Skaven Result

So I took the list described in the previous post.

I was up against a level 2 warlock engineer, Grey Seer Thanquol + Boneripper, a Plague Priest on a Plague furnace, a level 1 warlock engineer, a warp lightning cannon, 5 jezzails, 2 units of plague censer bearers, a unit of stormvermin, two units of clanrats, and a Doomwheel.

Skaven went first.

During the first magic phase, I used the Hellheart and he chose not to cast any spells. The shooting phase went well for me. I took two wounds on my Scraplauncher from Jezzails and only lost two sabretusks from the doomwheel.

During my turn I managed to kill one Jezzail with my Bangstick, get Trollguts off on one of my units, and land a Scraplauncher shot directly on top of one of his clanrats units. I managed to kill 5 rats from it. I also moved my Yhetees up in a flanking position on his plague furnace and sent in some Gnoblar trappers to force a charge from his frenzied censer bearers and furnace. My shooting against the doomwheel failed miserably, both my leadbelchers and hunter failing to wound.

On his second turn it was the beginning of the end. He got some spells initial spells off that I managed to cancel with a combination of dispel scrolls, magic resistance, and dispel die. Then he rolled 6 dice to cast the 13th spell against my Tyrant unit. Of course he rolls double 6s, my unit is obliterated. I hang in there because I think I've still got a good shot at taking down the Plague Furnace my flank charging yhetees.

On my turn both the gorgers come into play. I set them up directly behind a unit of clanrats each. I manage to make the Jezzail team flee from my magic. My yhetees get the flank charge on the plague monks/furnace.

Turns out the plague monks have a banner that does 2D6 automatic hits to everything touching the unit. My Yhetees get slaughtered before they even get to attack. They flee, the plague furnace is forced to pursue, and directly in the flight path is impassable terrain. The Furnace pursues three inches, millimeters short of having to take damage for hitting the terrain.

I concede. I had no units that could do anything to the plague furnace or the doomwheel. I was out of magic defense and the only things I was going to be able to do anything to were units of basic clanrats.

2 comments:

  1. Rough time man. The new Skaven are really going to take a lot of work to figure out for anyone, it seems :-\. And Ogres? Well... there's a reason Ogres get 2500 points in comp'd 2250 tournaments (Dark Elves get only 2000!). I'd be interested to see what the comp results for Skaven will be, to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you have an army progress post? I could've sworn I saw one...

    ReplyDelete