Friday, December 25, 2009

Final Ogre Kingdoms List

2 Gorgers
3 units of 24 Gnoblar Fighters
2 units of 8 Gnoblar Trappers
1 Gnoblar Scraplauncher
3 Yhetees
2 units of 2 Leadbelchers with Bellowers
3 units of 3 Bulls with addtional hand weapons (one unit has standard bearer and lookout gnoblar)
1 Hunter with 2 Sabretusks, a Talisman of Protection, and the Beastkiller Big Name
1 Butcher with a Bangstick and Dispel Scroll
1 Butcher with a Hellheart
1 Tyrant with Tenderiser, Jade Lion, Heavy Armor, and Wyrdstone Necklace

I am planning to take this list against a Skaven army. I've never had much success with my Ogres so I don't really know how this is going to work. My expectation is that Plague Furnaces and either Hellpit Abominations or Doomwheels will be taken.

For dealing with the plague furnaces, I plan to use my gnoblar to force charges that will allow my ogres to flank charge or force charges into rough terrain.

With the Hellpit Abominations, I'm hoping to use my Butchers to cast Braingobbler and force some panic test failures. This is my best shot at beating these as Ogres do not have any way of getting flaming attacks. My only other hope is that my hunter might be able to do some damage to them before they get into close combat or my Tyrant with Tenderiser can manage to get the charge and make it through the regeneration.

Against Doomwheels, the strategy is the same as with the Hellpits. I am hopeful that I can force it out of control with the Hunter's Harpoon Launcher and into some dangerous/rough terrain.

This is going to be a really rough battle for me I think but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to pull off a draw, or even perhaps a marginal victory.

2 comments:

  1. Looking at my list, I feel like the two worst parts of it are the Scraplauncher and the Hunter. I should probably drop both from the list and replace them with units of Ironguts for the extra bang. It would give me a much more effective way of dealing with all of the Toughness 6 warmachines/monsters that Skaven get now.

    One thing I can't figure out is whether or not the Siegebreaker would work against things like the Doomwheel and Plague Furnace. Technically they don't have an initiative value so I feel like the weapon should get the automatic hits and do the D6 wounds but I could see it being argued that since you use the crew's weapon skill you would use their initiative too. That just seems wrong to me though because I'm attacking the machine, not the crew, so I feel like I would hit the machine still if the crew got out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Ironguts and badly needed here.

    I dunno about the Siegebreaker of course, but I'm going to see if I can find a good list without any of that.

    Seems you would need 3 Butchers, to start. Really need to get my boys up and going.

    ReplyDelete