Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Next Project Poll

It's been so long since I've done anything miniature related that a whole bunch of awesome new miniatures have come out that I would love to get my hands on. The only problem is, funds and time are limited, and I can't seem to decide what I want to get next.

So, here are my options:

1. Start Dark Eldar. Games Workshop released all of these awesome new miniatures with a really fun sounding army book. I already have a smallish Ork 40k army but I've never really gotten into 40k that much. Should I give it another shot with a fresher army?

2. Buy More Skaven Stuff. There are TONS of really cool Skaven models to pick up. I haven't bought anything for them since the book came out (I only have the old 7th edition battalion), and between the Island of Blood, and the first two minis waves, there's a lot of cool stuff to pick up.

3. More Trollbloods. I've been really enjoying games of WarmaHordes recently (even though I haven't played too much) but my current selection for armies is so limited. I really need to enchance with some more variety but I'm torn between this and a Games Workshop project. Games Workshop, surprisingly, seems to give me a little more bang for my buck (at least in terms of number of models) over Privateer Press but I'm probably more likely to play games of WarmaHordes.

4. Orcs & Goblins are due out in the Spring. I could just wait for them and then start up that army if they turn out to be really cool. I'm really intrigued to see what they do with the first book of 8th edition.

5. Buy Nothing. I am so far behind on painting my stuff. Should I just suck it up and paint my old models instead of buying a bunch of new stuff that I'll build and then never paint (or maybe even never actually play)?

There's a poll to the left, please vote and then let me know your thoughts in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. Do it all man!

    If not, I'd say Skaven and Trollbloods. Unless you really think you'll play some 40K, in which case Dark Eldar and Trollbloods :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orc & Goblins look to be interesting. It would be fun to go against them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say "buy nothing." If your collection of unpainted models is anything like mine--your money would be better spent elsewhere. Take the time to paint what you have and you should be happier in the long run. If, however, you don't want to paint what you have, perhaps it's time to think about selling it?

    ReplyDelete