Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Battle Report 10/24/2009

I ended up facing off against Frans on Saturday with a slight variation to the lizardmen list from the previous post. He fielded a vampire counts list with a vampire lord on zombie dragon, a vampire, a wight king in a unit of grave guard, 2 units of 10 skeletons, 20 zombies, and 2 varghulfs.

My list:

Lord Kroak

Level 2 skink priest
- engine of the gods
- plaque of tepok
- dispel scroll

Level 2 skink priest
- cube of darkness

saurus scar veteran
- venom of the firefly frog
- light armor
- great weapon
- aura of quetzl

20 temple guard
- standard bearer and champion
- plaque of dominion
- burning blade of chotec

20 saurus warriors
- full command
- spears

10 ranked skinks

10 ranked skinks

3 jungle swarms

Setup was like the following:

|skeletons| |grave guard| |skeletons| |vampire| |zombie dragon|
|varghulf| |-------------zombies----------------| |varghulf|





------|skinks| |swarms| |temple| |engine| |saurus| |skinks|
-------------------------------------------------------|priest|

I had Lord Kroak in with the temple guard and the scar veteran in with the saurus. On my first turn, I marched everything up being careful to keep some range on my guys. I attempted to cast some spells with the skinks using kroak's dice. None of them succeeded but I was able to draw out a dispel scroll. On Frans' turn he moved the varghulfs to the flanks of each of the skink groups, everything else moved forward, and the zombie dragon attempted to charge the engine of the gods and fell about an inch and a half short. His magic drew out my cube of darkness which failed to end the magic phase but I was able to prevent any spells from going off.

On my second turn, everything I had charged. The engine charged into the front of the zombie dragon, the temple guard charged the flank on my left, and the saurus charged the flank on my right. The skinks both charged the zombie line with the skinks on the right getting the flank of the zombies. The jungle swarms charged the varghulf on the left. During my magic phase I unleashed the burning alignment from the engine and Lord Kroak's spell at casting value of 5+. Together these two spells dropped the zombie dragon AND reduced the vampire lord down to 1 wound remaining. It also killed several zombies from the unit engaged with the skinks. Frans used a dispel scroll on the second of Lord Kroak's spells cast with the 10+ casting value.

When close combat began and before the impact hits were calculated, Frans conceded the game.

Later in the afternoon I helped Chaney(Demons) and Aaron(Chaos) try to learn to play the game. Details on that later.

1 comment:

  1. Man, VC should be a good match for you, it's a shame this game wasn't close. Next time, hopefully he'll get ya :)

    ReplyDelete